FREE LEGAL EXPUNGEMENT CLINICS
Is your Wisconsin criminal record hurting your job search?
Did you know that you may be eligible to have certain convictions expunged or certain arrests removed from your record?
Do you live in Dane County?
We may be able to help. Our FREE expungement clinics are partnership between the Urban League of Greater Madison, Legal Action of Wisconsin, Foley & Lardner, and the Wisconsin Association of African American Lawyers. Attendees will receive:
- FREE criminal record reviews with an attorney.
- Advice regarding your eligibility for arrest removal and correction; expungement; and pardon.
- Assistance with paperwork and filing court documents IF eligible.
- Information about your rights related to employment and criminal records.
- Advice for answering job application and job interview questions about your background.
- Job leads & information about FREE career training opportunities.
Clinics are held approximately once each month. Pre-registration is required (registration links above).
COVID-19 NOTE: The Urban League takes your health and the health of others in our building seriously. To help ensure public health and comply with local mandates, a mask must be worn when entering the Urban League facility and your temperature will be taken. The Urban League is also cleaning our facility frequently, and taking other precautions to help slow the spread of the virus.
WisCONTEXT: Oct 31, 2019
Why Expunging Marijuana Convictions In Wisconsin Is A Difficult Process
Expungement clinics hosted at the Urban League are helping give job seekers a second chance. A bipartisan push by Wisconsin lawmakers seeks to expand Wisconsin’s restrictive expungement law.
Wisconsin State Journal: Nov 3, 2019
Urban League to bring free expungement clinic to Southwest Side for first time
Volunteer lawyers and legal professionals prepare to help people go through their criminal records to find charges that may be eligible to be sealed during an expungement clinic hosted by the Urban League of Greater Madison and other community partners